My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

July 5, 2005 Update

This is the first post of the Charles Barkley Quotes page, blog-edition. The original page is at: http://clintcam.com/barkley/. However, I'll also post updates on this site and make them available via RSS for anyone who wants to subscribe (so they know when new quotes get published).

I'll always title each entry with the date and the word "Update", so you know new quotes are up that day. And from time to time I'll post an entry with a title of the date and the word "Classic" where I take some of the earliest quotes from the Barkley Quotes page for people who haven't read back to the beginnings of the page.

Here we go, with today's new quotes!




*Sir Charles, on Bill Maher's show, about the Democratic Presidential Debates, "Al Sharpton need to get out, too. And that sistah-girl (Carrol Moseley Braun). Hey, I love Al Sharpton and I love the sistah-girl, but hey, we can't even get black coaches in the NFL, you think we gonna have a black president?"

--Thanks Joe!


*Discussing the revisionist, positive views on Ronald Reagan:

"Let me say this on that. I don't go to funerals anymore. Because, every time you go to a funeral, even if the person's an asshole you have to sit there and listen to what a great guy they were. And, that's why I refuse to go to funerals anymore. THAT'S THE TRUTH! (He) can be the biggest asshole in the world, but when you go to someone's funeral, you say, 'I'm at the wrong funeral!'"

--Thanks Joe!

During the NBA finals, Ernie Johnson points to a sign that reads:

"Barkley = Dumb, Van Gundy = Dumber"

Barkley responds, "Hey, at least that guy knows who I am. I have no idea who that guy is."

--Thanks Joe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home