This is the first 'best of' post of older Barkley quotes. I'll throw these up from time to time in case you haven't had a chance to read the entire list on the Barkley Quotes page
- "On throwing an elbow at an Angolan: "Well, he might have pulled a spear on me."
- On why he didn’t attend a presidential inauguration: "They’re not my type. I like to be around low-class people, like reporters."
- On New Years’ resolutions: "I think I’ve got to make a stronger commitment to my girlfriends and my family. Well, don’t write down my girlfriends."
- On why he befriended Christian Laettner: "We’re a lot alike, actually. We both attended great academic institutions. And when we walk into a room, women scream."
- On team dissention: "Harmony isn’t important. The only things that matter are winning and getting paid."
- The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.
- On Generation X: "I wish I was young again. I’d make a fortune and the coach couldn’t yell at me."
- "My body was not meant to play the way I do. I'm shorter than most of the guys who play up front in the NBA, the guys who play elbow wars every night , so I've always knownthat someday it would take it's toll."
- It's hard to box out guys if they are good rebounders. If you're going to stand there and hold them, you're not going toward the ball. Somebody will beat you to it.
- On where he wanted his fine money donated: "I was going to donate the money to the homeless, but they would have better houses than me by the end of the season."