My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Friday, January 19, 2007

January 19, 2007 Archive

  • I know why his name is DMX. Because his real name is Earl. Imagine if his name was Earl the rapper.
  • Barkley on a scuffle between Juwan Howard and Wally Szczerbiak: Both of them are nice guys, but neither one of them can crush a grape between them.
  • "It ain't against the rules to make a layup.."
  • "You mean to tell me they're holding our plane and soildiers hostage, and we're giving this Chinese guy a three year contract"
  • After Wang has a shot blocked: "He's got to bring something stronger than that. That's like bringing milk to a bar, it's not strong enough"
  • On the Celtics: "They stink. I could get 5 guys out of retirement, and we could beat them."
  • Its half-man, half-amazing. Or as some folks call him: all offense, no defense.
  • Barkley's reason for underclassman and highschool kids to stay in school:
    • If your homeboys are telling you yo go = don't come to the NBA
    • If your family is po' = don't come to the NBA
    • If you wanna meet groupies = don't come to the NBA
    • If you dont like classes = don't come to the NBA
    • If you can't start on a College team = don't come to the NBA
  • On the news that the NBA would allow zone defenses: "This is a great day for bad NBA players"
  • On Mavs/Jazz game 5: They better get that one over quick, because the streets in Utah close at 10.
  • "Crime will be down in NY tomorrow, because everyone will be at the game."
  • "I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan."
  • "I don't hate anyone, at least not for more than 48 minutes, barring overtime."
  • "If push came to shove, I could lose all self-respect & become a reporter."
  • On Barkley: "There wil never be another player like me. I'm the ninth wonder of the world."
  • On baldness: "Why do bald guys always wear beards? When I started to go bald, I took it like a man."
  • "When you're the top dog, everybody wants to put you in the pound."
  • "You got to believe in yourself. Hell, I believe I'm the best-looking guy in the world & I might be right."
  • "You can talk without saying a thing. I don't ever want to be that type of person."
  • "The NBA stands for No Babies Allowed."
  • On the All-Star Game: "Hell, there ain't but 15 black millionaires in the whole country & half of 'em are right here in this room."
  • "I don't listen to the refs. I don't listen to anyone who makes less money than I do."
  • On Oscar Schmidt: "Isn't he that guy with Felix Unger?"
  • "I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention."
  • "Pressure is for tires."
  • On fines: "I went to bed as Charles Barkley & woke up as Pete Rose."
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home